Winslow Main Street – abt 1912
This is a photo of Winslow, Indiana about 1912 looking north. Unpaved roads, horse and buggy on street with old auto. First building on left housed the Winslow State bank, and now is the Town Hall bulding. Snyder Departmart store later was housed in the three story building. Farthest building on the left was the W.A. Brown, General Mdse store, hotel and apartment building. Along the right side mid-way up was a livery stable which later burned. On the corner became a gasoline station, then Mac’s Cafe, then a barber shop, pool hall, and JB Bottom Hardware in later years – mid to late 30’s range.