Winslow Brown Dept Store – early 40’s
Once, a large store in Winslow, Indiana – the Brown Department Store. It was located on the south west corner of Center street, west side of Main street and it was open until the earl 1940’s at which time it was purchased by Clellie McCord and closed. The business was originally owned by Bally & Daisy Brown. A Texaco gas station was built where the building originally stood and was at one time ran by Bob Mead. It now is the location of the Family Pizza.