West Side of Main Street – Winslow, Indiana – About 1900
These buildings in Winslow in the early 1900s are shown just about as they appeared prior to the 2003 fire. Shown in the photo at the left is the bank, which is now the Winslow Town Hall and the large building was once a restaurant, a post office, and the Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co office. At the right end of the brick buildings is the drug store, which was owned by Everett Fettinger, sold to Gilbert McCord, then to Howard Parker. The building was owned by the Masonic Lodge. Later on the Star Theater was built where the wood building is located. Later buildings were built further to the right which housed Daisy’s Style Shop and the 10 Cent store and later Kent Furniture Store and later where the grocery store was located when the buildings burned. Snyders bought the major part of the buildings from the bank to the Masonic Hall.